Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

I began this year knowing that ‘It is my year.’  There was so much promise.  I was happy.  In many ways it has been my year.  I have progressed quickly at my job.  I was able to become more healthy, to the point of participating in two 5K races and riding my bike to work in the summer.  I never thought I could do any of those things.

Imbedded in the Christmas story in Luke Chapter two, there are some things that happen that Mary, “holds close to her heart.”  That stuck out for me because there are many things about this year that I will hold close  to my heart.  And the most important of these is that God was able to do in me and through me things I never thought was possible.

I have also learned this year that perhaps life is more of a series of ‘hmmm’ moments instead of ‘aha moments.’  There have been so many learnings this year that were incremental.  All of these things have built to make me a better woman.  Yes, that sounds like a cliché, but I truly believe that I am a better woman than I was this time last year.

So as I progress through this coming year I hope and pray that there will be more things that I can hold close to my heart.  I will also value the hmmm moments more.  And as always I pray for a year of happy beginnings for you and your family.

Love,

Misty

2 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

That's a really great perspective. You are right, life is full of hmmm moments. They are good too.

It's fake to think life is always rosy and wonderful. Hmmm moments expand our mind.

12:19 PM  
Blogger mom_of_4 said...

Beautiful! Love you lots :o)

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home