Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas 2006

So here we are again. It is almost Christmas. I have been reviewing my past Christmas letters. What a journey they have been. And what a journey this year has been. Last year I commented on how each year I know I have changed. This year has been no exception.

The spring was a huge turning point for me. God showed me some things about myself that allowed me to see that I was often the author of my own misery. I knew I was powerless to change. Yet with God’s help I did. I feel like I am looking at life through a totally different lens. That has defined how I act and move forward in my life.

Do you ever look back and wish you could hit a pause button on your life? I wish I could hit pause on the spring. I sensed God’s presence in everything. I had a sense of direction and healing. I saw God’s direction for my life. I felt such meaning and purpose.

The fall has been a difficult and sad time. I have wondered if what happened in the spring had been undone. Yet I know that I am different than I was. I am more graceful. I am still more positive. I still sense God working in my life.

I am learning that I don’t necessarily have to be better to be okay. I am learning that contentment isn’t the same thing as the absence of desire. I am learning that strength in Christ is not the opposite of my weakness. I am learning to hear another voice that tells me ‘it is well with my soul.’

As Christmas begins to draw more near I am finding that I have more hope. The birth of Jesus did not come without a struggle. And the hope that Jesus brings was begun at His birth but not accomplished until His death. So maybe this pattern of births and subsequent dark places is part of the plan.

I am so blessed to have so many friends who have become like family to me. I am also humbled that God continues to draw me to Him. May this be a year of happy beginnings for you and your family.

Love,

Misty
Christmas 2006

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracey Craigon said...

Hi Misty,

Thank you! May this be a year of more joyful beginnings for you and your family too! Let's get together in the new year!

Love,
Tracey

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home